Music is something that keeps my spirit alive and allows me to express myself through sound. I have grown up listening and appreciating various genres, such as hip hop, jazz, soul, or alternative. There are a lot of songs and artists that I enjoy listening to and it is impossible for me to choose which is my favorite because they each have their own style and emotion and they are unique in their own ways. But the one genre that has continued to uplift my spirit and allow me to express my emotions is trance music.
There are two worlds, reality and fantasy. Reality is what I consider a stressful world where I have to follow the expectations and rules of others, like parents, teachers, or bosses, and I have to do this in order to gain knowledge and be able to achieve success. At times, doing work can bring stress upon myself and when I feel this anxiety, my blood stops flowing and my heart pumps faster to the point where keeping up with the rhythm of the workload becomes extremely difficult. Failing to meet expectations is just like music notes falling into the wrong order.
So in order to ease my anxieties, I have to escape from reality and go into another world, my own world of fantasy and to do this, I will put my earphones and play trance music to soothe my soul. Trance is an electronic mid-tempo dance music that allows me to be free from my responsibilities in the reality world and be in another world, a world that follows what I feel and what I want in it. There are an ample amount of trance songs and artists that I enjoy so I will just pick the one instrumental that I enjoy listening to at this moment, which is called "Look Ahead" by Thomas Bronzwaer. I chose an instrumental because the tone of the beats and the flow of them are what speaks to me the best. There are two parts to this trance instrumental, the slow part and the upbeat part. During the slow part at around 35 seconds, the music is nearly quiet and calm and this is what allows me to clear my mind from all of my frustration. At one minute, the music quiets down and then builds up emotion as more beats come into the instrumental. As soon as the music becomes fully upbeat, I start to dance and feel the rhythm in my own world as if no one or nothing is stopping me from breaking my rhythm. This instrumental does repeat the same notes for a majority of the time and it is done that way so that the music sticks into my mind as if I can never forget them since each note is catchy and has unique tones to them. It is similar to how my life in the reality world works, my day is nearly identical to each other, I come to school, take notes, learn things, go home, study, and then sleep. The cycle continues but after each day, I am learning new and more difficult materials and my mind builds up more knowledge as I continue learning new things and creating new ways to overcome each obstacle.
But I wish that I can maintain the flow of my life responsibilities the same way that I maintain the flow of trance music without any thought of stress streaming into my mind. When I listen to trance music, I do not think about just the end note of the instrumental, rather, I think about the starting point, the slow down, the emotional buildup, and then the upbeat rhythm part of the music. There cannot be a trance song if there is only the end note because there needs to be a path that leads to that end note. Relating to my life responsibilities, the "end note" of my life is to become a doctor. In order to follow that path, I must think about the present moment and the things that I must do so that I can reach my goal. My life is a buildup where I have to go from elementary to middle to high school to college and so on. Without one of them, the entire rhythm is broken, just like how one note that is absent or out of place can make the whole song fall apart. There will be times when I will face difficult tasks that will lower my sanity and throw me out of my rhythm but I do know that I should trust myself and learn to breathe after each moment of stress so that I can get back on my feet and finish my current tasks. I have to learn to appreciate and cherish every class that I take and every work that I do just like how I appreciate every note that is being played in trance music. Each path that I go through helps me to become stronger, more disciplined, and bring me closer to reaching my end note.
As for my image, I choose a picture of a forest at night with neon lights surrounding the sky since this is what represents trance music as a whole. The darkness in the night sky resembles a clear mind while the neon lights resemble the rhythm and beat of the music. I picture these lights moving around and surrounding the darkness of the night sky in my world as the melody plays. These lights are my freedom and my guide to helping me create my fantasy world.
I do not need drugs or anything to help release me from my frustration, I need the sound of trance music to help me do it because it speaks to me more clearly than drugs do.
Related Tags: Thomas Bronzwaer Look Ahead State of Trance Music Emotion Love Music Life Pathway Freedom Escape Consciousness Unconsciousness Reality Fantasy
Look Ahead - Thomas Bronzwaer:
Link to the music (in case embed doesn't work):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TodV0stNoQk&ob=av3e

No comments:
Post a Comment