Sunday, November 21, 2010

Blog #10 My Dream

Dreams are usually random events that occur whenever we are sleeping or are entering the unconscious part of our minds. Sometimes, these random dreams represent significant messages that tells us what we are feeling or what we must do in order overcome a current obstacle that we are facing in the real world (the conscious). Usually, I remember dreams when I take hourly naps around the late morning, early night, or anytime in the afternoon. There was one dream that I remembered yesterday (Friday, November 18 between 1-3 pm) and I wanted to talk about this dream because this was recent and this was the one I remembered the best.

On that day, I decided to take a nap because I was feeling tired that day since that was the last day before Thanksgiving break. I had a weird but memorable dream that I was with one of my friends named Jack in the movie theater. There was no one but me and him in the dark theater. We were watching a horror movie with mummies and zombies armed with swords, staffs, and bows. Suddenly, they started to come out of the picture to attack me and my friend. Just when one of the mummies swung its sword to attack me, I suddenly woke up in a dark gray room with nothing, no doors, windows, just plain nothing other than dark gray walls. I walk around for a few minutes and heard Jack call my name, even though I did not see him with me. As I heard his voice get louder, I immediately woke up again, this time I was in a small helicopter around a thousand feet in the air with my family members. The scary part was, the doors were open and we were not wearing any seatbelts nor were we wearing ANYTHING that prevented us from falling. I was scared and ready to cry because I was afraid of falling and looking down. As soon as I looked down, I felt myself falling and suddenly, I woke up in a hotel room. This time I was sleeping in a soft gray couch and was getting up. As soon as I got up, I felt my vision getting messed up as I saw only the lights, the walls of the hotel room and a piece of the gray couch on the bottom right side of my vision. They NEVER moved one centimeter out of my eye and this image stayed exactly the same, no matter how much I tried to look away, run, and open my eyes as wide as possible (when I was inside the dream). I was afraid that I was going to be trapped in here forever and was hoping that this was all a dream. Suddenly, my vision started to fade black and I woke up back in my room (in the conscious world), hoping that this is all no longer a dream. Minutes after waking up, I finally felt relieved that I was no longer trapped in my dream.

Although this dream contained random and unusual events, I thought this dream played an important role to how I lived my life. One part that was significant was when I was in the empty dark gray room and at that time, I was afraid and usually whenever I am in the dark, I feel fear since I often think about ghosts or anything trying to haunt me. Another event in my dream that was significant was when I was in the helicopter with the doors open. This shows how much I am afraid of heights. I do enjoy riding roller coasters and thrill rides but when I do not have any seat belt or anything to prevent me from falling, I end up getting extremely nervous and scared. Overall, this whole dream resembles the fears and anxieties that I was and am continuing to face in the conscious world.

No comments:

Post a Comment